The Joint JNC
40.1 This section describes the roles and functions of the Joint JNC that will be responsible for making recommendations on pay and conditions of service in the Departments for staff previously covered by the UK General Whitley Council (GWC) on the Isle of Man.
40.2 The Joint JNC has overall responsibility for the pay system described in this Handbook.
40.3 Its remit includes:
- maintenance of the new pay system
- the negotiation of any variations in the harmonised core conditions of service
- the discussion of any other general issues of common concern on pay and terms and conditions of service
40.4 The Joint JNC will be scheduled to meet at least quarterly but meetings may be cancelled by agreement if there is not enough business to justify a meeting.
40.5 Decisions of the Joint JNC will be reached by agreement of both employer and staff representatives
40.6 The staff organisations with recognition for the purposes of the Joint JNC currently are:
- UNISON The Royal College of Nursing (RCN)
- The Royal College of Midwives (RCM)
- The Amicus Section of UNITE
- The Transport and General Workers Union Section of UNITE (TGWU)
- The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)
- The Society of Radiographers (SoR)
- The British Association of Occupational Therapists (BAOT)
- The Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists (SoCP)
- The British Dietetic Association (BDA)