(a) An employee who is required to travel to work outside his usual working area to suit the convenience of the employer shall be allowed travelling time from and to the boundaries of his usual working area.
(b) Disturbance and Travelling Allowance
- Where an employee is transferred to a new depot/base at the direction of the employing authority and outside his control (eg where the authority closes a depot/base in the interests of economy and efficiency), and he is able to demonstrate at the date of transfer that the distance (calculated using the most direct route) from his home to his new depot/base is greater than the distance between his home and his old depot/base by at least 5 miles (round trip), the following allowances will be payable by the employing authority:-
|Additional (Round Trip)
Distance per Day
|(a) immediately after transfer and
(b) on the first, second & third anniversaries of transfer
|Under 5 miles||Nil||Nil|
|5 to 8 miles||261.81||1047.23|
|9 to 12 miles||470.99||1883.97|
|13 to 16 miles||523.19||2092.71|
|17 to 20 miles||627.52||2510.11|
|21 to 25 miles||680.16||2720.64|
|26 to 30 miles||741.84||2967.37|
|31 to 35 miles||798.77||3195.08|
|Over 35 miles||856.15||3424.60|
The operative date of the allowances will be 06 April 2013.
- There was no increase in IOM public transport fares as at March 2014
- There was no increase in IOM public transport fares as at 31 March 2015
- There was no increase in IOM public transport fares as at 31 March 2016
- There was no increase in IOM public transport fares as at 31 March 2017
- There was no increase in IOM public transport fares as at 31 March 2018
- There was no increase in IOM public transport fares as at 31 March 2019
- The allowance will be payable for a period of 4 years to an employee who incurs additional expense by virtue of his transfer to a new depot/base but only in respect of the additional distance involved in excess of 5 miles (round trip) per day.
- The allowance will be payable where employees are relocated to a new depot/base on or after 1 June 1991.
- The allowance will not be payable where the employing authority provides transport for the employee to or from the new depot/base.
- The allowance will cease when the employee transfers voluntarily to another job or depot.
- The allowances set out in (1) above will be increased on 1 April 1993 and on each 1 April thereafter in line with the average of any increase in the Isle of Man public transport fares.
Last updated: April 2019 Amendment: PSC 15-078