Payments for Saturday, Sunday and meal time working
The provisions of this Article do not apply to Leisure Group Workers employed by the Department of Economic Development (VMGT) and Department of Education and Children (NSC) who have separate arrangements for Manual and Craft Workers via a Local Agreement effective 1 September 1997.
- An employee (other than an employee of the Heritage Railways Division of Isle of Man Transport) whose normal working week includes a period of Saturday or Sunday duty shall, for each normal hour of Saturday duty, be paid at time-rate-and-one-half and for each normal hour of Sunday duty be paid at double-time rate. Hours worked on a Saturday or Sunday in excess of the normal hours of duty for those days shall be reckonable as overtime for which the appropriate payment shall be made.
- The foregoing provisions apply to both dayworkers and shift workers.
- An employee (other than an employee of the Heritage Railways Division of Isle of Man Transport) who is required to work his meal hour shall be paid time-rate-and-one-half for that hour and shall be granted immediately thereafter an hour off duty without pay.
- These provisions do not apply to Airport Firefighters who are covered by a local agreement dated 9 October 2006.
- Heritage Railway staff are covered by a local agreement dated 27 July 2015. (Under review).
Note: The enhancements referred to in (a) shall not be taken into account in calculating an employee's hourly rate for overtime purposes.
Last Updated - February 2016