A civil servant may apply to the Public Services Commission to be reverted to a grade below the one which they hold. If a civil servant is reverted, they may at a later date apply for promotion in accordance with normal procedures, to  their former grade.

Regulation C11  Pay on reversion details how a civil servant’s pay will be calculated upon reversion.