Chief Officer's Division
The Chief Officer’s Division undertakes a wide range of functions including:
- Provision of leadership and strategic direction for the Office
- Management of the Public Service People Strategy and the Framework of Corporate Employment Policies and Procedures
- Management and review of legislation (primary and secondary) applicable to the work of the Office
- Provision of specialist health and safety advisory services to government departments, boards & offices
- Provision of welfare services to government staff
- Provision of central administrative and secretarial services
Health, Safety and Welfare Services
These services are available to Isle of Man Government Departments, Boards and Offices and their employees only.
Health and Safety
The main purpose of the Health and Safety section of the Division is to provide a specialist health and safety advisory service to Government departments, boards and offices. This includes providing information, advice and support for managers to assist them in complying with legislative requirements and best practice derived from specialist organisations and comparable industries.
The aims of the Welfare section of the Division are to support Government staff in the protection of their own health and well being, to encourage individuals to recognise and accept responsibility for their own welfare and to facilitate good working relationships between managers and individuals. These aims are achieved by providing the following services to all Government staff: confidential staff support services, liaison with other support services in the public, private and voluntary sectors, facilitation for improvement in workplace relationships.
If visiting in person, please note that there is very limited (disc) parking in Myrtle Street (off Bucks Road). The nearest public car park is Shaw’s Brow.